A family from Westlock lost their home in a fire earlier this month. "A suspected chimney fire tore through a Linaria-area home last Wednesday night, destroying the building and leaving a family of seven homeless." (WN) Read more about the details from the Westlock News. They are a family of seven (5 girls and their Grandparents) and have lost everything.
My friend and a group called "Edmonton Moms Give Back" (search them on facebook) are collecting items, not only for this family, but also for other local families in need.
Here are some specifics of what they need the most:
For the Westlock area family - DONATIONS DUE FRIDAY MARCH 8th
- Girls size 7/8
- Ladies size 8 and 12/14
- Men's XL shirts or 38" pants
- Household items (linens, kitchen, etc.)
- Books and movies are always nice.
- Maybe something to brighten up a little girl's day. With 5 girls ages 4-14 they could all use some sunshine.
- No large items like furniture as we have to deliver it to Westlock
For local Edmonton area families. - DONATIONS ONGOING
- Baby and children's clothes (in good condition)
- Gently used toys
- Soaps and toiletries
- Kids snacks
- Dog food
- toilet paper
- Books and movies are always nice
- Maternity clothes
- Infant formula, wipes, diapers, or even coupons for these items.
- Any larger items can be donated by joining and contacting the group. There are a lot of new moms in need of furniture